Monday, November 19, 2012

Overcoming Fears - CLOWNS!

Taulbee, Marta, Brenda
Are you afraid of clowns? For some inexplicable reason I have been...ever since I can remember. Not just clowns...anyone in a costume where I can't see their face...even Santa! In the balloon business, I've met many kind, wonderful people who do clowning and, as a result, made a decision to seek to overcome that fear.



In November 2012 I attended the Western Region Clown Association Convention in Laughlin, Nevada with two of my close friends and fellow balloon artists (Marta Hoburg & Taulbee McJunkin.) The classes were fun and instructive and the people were welcoming!


1st Place Group Balloon Competition Winners!

While there, and at the encouragement of my friends, I decided to face another fear and gathered up enough courage to enter some of balloon competitions. As luck would have it, my friends and I took first place in the "Group Balloon Competion" (I got to make the roadrunner - most of which is double-stuffed) and, to my surprise, I also took first place in the "Single Balloon Competition" and the "Multiple Balloon Competition".

 


Do you recognize these two?
With "Santa Hugo"
Although I will probably never be a "clown", I can now be in an entire room FULL of clowns and not get nervous!

We had SO much fun! A warm thanks to all my new friends and to everyone there for being so kind and patient with me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment