Monday, March 11, 2013

Princess Party Balloon Decorations

Funny how a last-minute addition can have lasting impact...

A couple years ago, I was asked to provide a couple of balloon columns and some centerpieces for the birthday party for an adorable 1 year-old girl.  The theme?  PRINCESSES!

For centerpieces I made balloon "pillows" upon which rested a balloon tiara.  These tiaras were then given as gifts to the other young guests at the party.



The lighted balloon Corinthian Columns were placed on either side of a beautiful Disney Princess mural that was provided by the mother of the birthday girl.


As I was getting ready to leave the venue, I hesitated...there was just something missing...  My husband was with me and I asked his opinion.  We came up with the idea of adding a "flower garland" - spanning the distance between the two columns and framing the beautiful mural.  It was a sort of "pseudo arch".  Last-minute...and it made all the difference.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art work!!! You might want to remove a word from your discription.(Line 2 - provided by my the mother.)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balloon decorations with bunting and lights are never out of trend. They can be done according to different themes. Saw animal one at a party venue booked by my friend for her son's birthday. Everything was managed in a great way. Crafting, cakes, cup cakes and even the crockery were unique.

    ReplyDelete